Sunday, March 1, 2009

Big Apple...Part II

Last year, Papi and I took our first trip to New York City...just the guys! This year, we did it again! Papi had a conference to attend and I decided to hitch a ride and see Grandma, Grandpa, and my Brooklyn family.



Seeing the family was terrific! Papi and I stayed in Tio Junior's apartment so I had a television all to myself for my morning dose of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We spent the days with Grandma and Grandpa, and Grandpa shared his oranges with me. He cut them perfectly and I couldn't get enough! Titi Milin, Celi, and all of Papi's cousins had a big party at Cousin Diane's house, and I played all night long.




The Roman Brothers and Sisters

Papi and the Roman Family



The cousins pose

The Roman Men




The Women of the Roman Clan




The Hernandez Trio


The second cousins say hello


Mayra and Diane- Thanks Cousin Diane for a great gathering!

The best part of our trip, though, was this thing that Papi called "snow." It covered Grandma's backyard sort of like the grass in our yard. It was weird to step on and it kept sticking to my gloves. Suddenly, I saw them. My buddies Mickey and Minnie must have found out that I was visiting because they showed up, and we had a snowball fight! It was great.


Mickey and Minnie join the snow party!



Grandma plays with me...and doesn't even use gloves! Wow!



My first time playing in the snow. Check out the fascination!


For those of you wondering about Mami. Papi did ask her if she wanted to join us, but she said something about a "Mami spa weekend," which I didn't really understand. All I know is that she looked a lot younger and more rested than before we left. And it must have been fun for her because she mentioned something to Papi about looking forward to next year. Hmmmm!

No comments: